Posts tagged I want it
Posts tagged I want it
omg I want it.
Rae’s Pizza Napoletana Margherita
Neapolitan-Style Pizza with Buffalo Milk Mozzarella
For the Pizza Dough:
makes six 6-ounce pizza crustsIngredients Volume Ounces Grams bread flour, chilled 4 1/2 cups 20.25 574 sea salt 1 3/4 tsp .44 12 instant yeast 1 tsp .11 3 water, ice cold 1 3/4 cups 14 399
Pizza Dough Instructions
Mix: Mix all of the pizza dough ingredients until evenly incorporated. Knead 6 to 8 minutes Rest 5 to 15 minutes. Knead 1 minute to further strengthen the gluten. Divide 6 equal pieces. Preshape: Shape each piece into a loose ball In a sealable container, store the dough in the refrigerator at least overnight, or keep for up to three days.
For the Pizza Margherita Toppings
fresh or canned plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped, preferably San Marzano varietal
a pinch of sea salt
mozzarella cheese, preferably made with buffalo milk, about 3 to 4 ounces
extra virgin olive oil, about 1 to 2 teaspoons
fresh basil leaves, torn
cornmeal or semolina flour, for dusting the pizza peel
- Pizza Napoletana Margherita is traditionally baked with the basil on top, but I prefer to add the torn leaves immediately after pulling from the oven.
- When dusting the pizza peel, use more cornmeal or semolina flour than you think you’ll need. There’s nothing worse than stuck pizza dough.
To Bake and Assemble Pizza Napoletana Margherita:Remove the desired number of dough balls from the refrigerator 2 hours before baking.
Preheat Oven Preheat to the maximum temperature, preferably with a baking stone. You can also use a heavy gauge sheet pan that won't warp at high temperatures. Preshape Preshape the pizza dough into a disk about 4 to 5 inches wide.
Rest About 15 minutes Shape Toss the pizza dough by bouncing it on your fists, until about 9 to 12 inches in diameter. It's a bit harder than it sounds and takes a bit of practice. The edges will be much thicker than the center.
The Tomatoes In a spiraling motion from the center, apply a thin layer of tomatoes. Evenly distribute a pinch of sea salt over the tomatoes.
The Cheese Spread about 3 to 4 ounces of sliced mozzarella over the tomato sauce. Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
Shake Before loading the oven, make sure that the pizza is not stuck to the peel. Shake the pizza loose until it slides around freely. Bake Bake until slightly charred on the edges. It takes about 4 to 5 minutes when baked on a screaming hot baking stone in my oven. Your mileage may vary.
Serve Sprinkle with the torn basil leaves and cut into 6 to 8 pieces using a pizza cutter or large knife. Serve immediately.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god.
Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, room temperature, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large ripe tomato, room temperature, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Brush the outside of each slice of bread with oil, spread the pesto on the inside, place the mozzarella on the pesto on of one slice of bread, top with the tomato, season with salt and pepper and finally top the other slice of bread pesto side in.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
omg this looks amazing. I want it nao!
I want this in and around my mouth.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders. Click here for the recipe.
I want to put this in and around my mouth.
I hate not being home.
Look at this fucking cake.